Augmentation Mammoplasty (Breast Enhancement)
Is prosthesis used to alter the size and shape of a woman’s breasts for cosmetic reasons. There are two primary types of breast implants: saline-filled and silicone gel filled implants. Saline implants have saline elastomeric shell filled with sterile saline liquid. Silicone gel implants have a silicone shell filled with a viscous silicone gel.
Preparation before the surgery?
Augmentation Mammoplasty is done under general anesthesia patient need to go through random blood work ups as per standard operating procedure in the clinics, patient need to get a medical clearance for general health and undergo medical history check up. Patient need to tell any allergies, accidents, trauma or any concerns regarding his health before the surgery started.
How long is the procedure?
The operation will take for 2 and a ½ to 3 hours.
As the patient undergo breast enhancement it will take a month to go back to normal daily routines. Generally if your work doesn’t require you to use too much of your body then after a week you can go back to work. The first 3 days after the surgery is the peak of swelling, bruising accompanied by pain but usually manage by pain pills.
What to expect after surgery?
Expect bruising, swelling and pain for the first 3 days.
Dressing over the incision area is common but usually removed after few days.
Fatigue and Heaviness of your body is common for few days after surgery.
Do's and Don’ts after surgery?
- Do avoid strenuous activities involving exertion of too much energy of your body like: lifting, pushing and straining.
- Do protect the incision site from any pollutants and dust.
- Do keep the incision site of the breasts clean all the time.
- Do get plenty of rest because you’re healing will be depend on how much you rest after surgery.
- Do avoid touching your breast while healing except for cleaning.
- Don’t lean forward because of the pressure build up on your breast.
- Don’t eat fishy and stinky food during healing.
- Don’t engage yourself in strenuous activities for 1 month.