“Fat Modeling”, liposculpture suction lipectomy or simply lipo (“suction-assisted fat removal”) is a cosmetic surgery operation that removes fat from many different sites on the human body. Areas affected can range from the abdomen, thighs and buttocks, to the neck, backs of the arms and elsewhere.
Preparation before surgery?
Liposuction is done under general anesthesia patient need to go through random blood work ups as per standard operating procedure in the clinics, patient need to get a medical clearance for general health and undergo medical history check up. Patient need to tell any allergies, accidents, trauma or any concerns regarding his health before the surgery started.
How long is the procedure?
The procedure usually takes about 2- 3 hours depends on how much fat needs to be taken off.
In assisted liposuction healing time is up to 2 weeks to 1 month. Patient can usually go back to work after 3 days with a special consideration on the areas undergoes liposuction.
What to expect after surgery?
Expect to have a pressure dressing over the area.
Swelling and Bruising is expected usually arises the day after the surgery until 3 weeks.
Expect to have small holes of incision sites after surgery.
Expect pain the day after the surgery but usually resolve after 2 days.
Do's and Don’ts after surgery?
- Do keep your surgical incision site clean all the time.
- Do wear a pressure dressing/bandage strictly for one month straight, succeeding month will be optional but optimum.
- Do stay away from dusty areas and places where you’re staying.
- Don’t engage to some strenuous exercises and activities during healing time but light exercise will do.
- Don’t touch the incision site during healing period.
- Don’t eat fishy and stinky foods while healing.